October means Winter Wheat Chili-Cook off. Another year to maybe win the coveted title. Jerry entered his white chicken chili this year and again we came in second (tied with Lynne). We even tried to entice the kid vote with tortilla chips and grated cheese. No go. Matt was our big winner. CONGRATS! You kicked our beans!
We created a new event this year...cornbread! I should have known better to just have Megan's name written on every award. She was our chili winner last year and this year took home the "Wicked Cornbread Award".

The
Dobson's offered their garage for chili tasting. That Costco table has sure paid for itself . Oh, and the mustard yellow-orange table cloths I got at D.I., I use them every year. Toss them on a table for Halloween and then a few weeks later for Thanksgiving. Ugly on their own, but look good under a pumpkin pie. In a few years I'll probablly hear the kids say something like "and remember Mom's old ugly orange table cloths!"

Dana always has to bring her own playmates to our parties. All the other kids have someone (or some"three") to play with. Christina fits perfect!

The Newcombs always enter a favored chili entry!

Free "hayless"rides.

Cute Mya held true to her cupcake tasting job. She concluded they were ALL WINNERS! And I can honestly say she tasted them ALL! Sorry everyone, we'll lock them down next year.

Paybacks Christina!!!

No this is not a costume!...He REALLY is this cute!!!! Cutie Kade!

Gavin comes from a football lovin' family but Jack helped him get his "hoop on"!

Riley and McKenna decorated a "pretty pumpkin". Is that a scrunchie???

This is one dead pumpkin Hank.
THANKS NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
1 comments:
you may have tied for second, but bet you came off first in having fun!! wish we could be there!
love you , mom and dad
Post a Comment