Saturday, December 27, 2008

dates with my kids

Jack, Hank and I went to see the play A Christmas Carol. Jack had to see a play for his drama class. And Hank's teacher was reading it to his classroom. I thoroughly enjoyed taking Dana to plays last year for drama and I was excited to get to do that with Jack this year. We got to see it at Hale Center Theater in the round. Hank's favorite character was Marleys Ghost. He was all chained, white and spooky like. Jack said his favorite was Scrooge.

Then Dana and I went with Dana's dance class to see the Nutcracker Ballet up at Capitol Theater. It was snowing like crazy. We drove up to Sandy and then took TRAX on into Salt Lake. We were a bit early so we hung out at a German delicatessen looking at packages of cookies and chocolates trying to decipher the ingredients. The ballet was beautiful even though we saw it from the nose bleed section. Lovely costumes and scenery. We then went with our friends, Leslie, Markee and Marin to lunch at The Olive Garden and flirted with the adorable waiter. Dana's favorite character was Mother Bufoon, a tall woman with a large hoop skirt that opens up and her little children come dancing out.
Two of my favorite things we did this holiday season. Thankyou kids for hanging out with Mom xoxoxo.

3 comments:

val m said...

What fun dates! I loved going to the Hale and seeing the Christmas Carol - I miss that! They do such a great job!

Carol Ann said...

sounds like so much fun. We want a turn.
love you all. Papa and Grandma

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Loved catching up with you on the blog. What fun to have Eric and family for the holidays. His kids are so grown up. Amazing. That sounds like an intriguing and addicting game. We got out scattergories last night and had a blast--REMEMBER that game--oldie but goodie.
Your family is so cute and happy. LOVE the pinewood derby. We have our LAST ONE next month.

LOVE all the memories from my teenage years with you. We spent MANY New Years Eve nights at the Kansas City Stake Center dancing the night away. OK- so I hardly danced, but I certainly had a great time with friends. I will think of you tonight.Happy New YEar.

Did you know that Stephen Ritchie died of heart failure last week? He lived in Rexburg, ID with his family. He has been ill for some time. So sad.