Friday, July 3, 2009

Klondike '09

(Feb 09) I had to start with this picture. Doesn't it look like one of those "Whack a Mole" games. Ok, back to the blog.Jerry and Hank ventured the annual Klondike this year up at Jordanelle Reservoir. Too bad moms can't go (hah!) Our ward had a nice plot of snow. Hank took a turn chopping wood. The Dobson's brought their nice outdoor fire pit. They had hamburgers, salad and smores for dessert.

This is Hank off to do a little tunnel repair. We had bought him new snow pants for the campout. We went to find snow boots but could not find any, in JANUARY! Go figure. We borrowed these from Trent. Thanks Trent. Hank also had gloves, a hat and I had bought a load of hand warmers. The boys didnt' feel the cold at all!
They made it through the night. I hear the eggs didn't though. They had even put them in one of the vehicles to keep them from freezing, but frozen they were.
Again...so sad moms can't go (hah!)
Hank: "It was freezing, freezing, freezing, f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g cold. But at the same time, it was the best campout I have ever experienced."
Jerry: "I was very fun, very cold. I'd do it again. I loved being with the boys. Thanks Tom for getting us fed."

2 comments:

val m said...

Brrrr!! Now that looks cold!! My hubby would say it looks like a blast! Nice to have you back blogging!!

violyn said...

Love the pictures! Wasn't it nice to be in our nice warm beds that night. Ha Ha. So glad it turned out to be a blast!!! :)