20 W 200 South, Salt Lake City
"The Scene if you like huge, steamy bratwurst, German potato salad, cooked cabbage, and schnitzel, this Bavarian deli with a small dining room is the place for you. It's one of the few places in the area that specializes in German food, and you'll see many native Germans come in for takeout or to buy the ingredients to make dinner at home.The FoodSandwiches are sold, along with bread, meat, and cheese, all freshly sliced. Black Forest Cake is a Siegried's specialty, and many people order their layered cakes for special occasions. You'll also find a variety of chocolates and European cookies." Four 1/2 Stars
(Feb 09) Last year Dana and I found this cute little deli. We were a little early for our show at the Capitol Theater, and it was right next store. We tried some chocolate and Dana got some mints, that we later found out were cough drops, yuk. Everything was written in German. Guess we could have asked.
Later I was talking to Lyn (friend and neighbor), who is German and has spent a lot of time in Germany. She told us that she had been to the deli many times. She told us about the food and desserts and that we all had to go back. So the night the boys were on the Klondike, we took all our girls and went (Christina too, Dana's friend).
Lyn was our food guide and helped us make our choices. I had Wiener Schnitzel. I know you are thinking it is a hot dog of some sort. Wrong! It is a thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and fried. It also came with a lemon wedge and I had them put gravy on it. I also had hot potato salad. Dana and Christina had spatzle, a type of egg noodles and small dumplings with gravy.






1 comments:
Isn't that the deli we tried to get to in Salt Lake city but it was closed? I can't wait to give it another try.
We love you,
Mom
Post a Comment