Thursday, August 6, 2009

Catan Tournament

(April 09) As you may know, we love Settlers of Catan (If you ever want to learn to play, come on over). We decided during the Rossin's visit, we'd have a Catan Tournament. Teams, brackets, everything. Individual teams: Eric, Sam, Evan, Sid, Laurie, Dana, Jack and Hank. Since only six teams can play at a time, you got to sit out 2 of the 8 games. Then we had a winners game and a non-winners game (losers sounded so, not nice). Then the winners of those two games played each other.

It really was a lot of fun, but we had a few late night games. These two pictures cracked me up. Hank and Sid were fading fast.


Jack still had it going on.
Eric, who had won many games, definately thought he still had it going on. He's a little slap happy here. That is a paper bowl on his head and ...I think a spoon tucked in his pants. There is relevance to this picture, but I took it so long ago I have forgot.
And, the winner of the first Catan Tournament is............Eric! Congrats and don't rub it in for too long.

2 comments:

val m said...

WE play almost the same game - Zarahemla!! It is a lot of fun!! Wish we lived close by so we could join your game!

Carol Ann said...

Ohhhh, I want to be there. I'd give Eric a run for his money. It looks like so much fun. I don't have anyone to play games with anymore, Please come this way next time and we'll have to schedule time for some fun games. Love you, mom