Thursday, August 6, 2009

rub a dub

(April 09) Who needs a pool, it dosen't bubble and you most certainly can't make bubble beards without bubbles. It is tradition that when the Rossins come, the boys and girls take turns in the jetted tub. The girls asked first this time (the boys were supposed to get in before they left but it just didn't happen). Kinda of reminds me of my Grandma Nelson's. She had a cool free standing four footed tub in her bathroom that we always wanted to get in. She had a crocheted toilet paper roll cover and always used Dove soap that smelled so good. Next time, the boys are first.

After looking at theses pictures and reading over my last few entries, I noticed we have other traditions at Uncle Jerry's and Aunt Laurie's. Like German Pancakes...always a double batch.
Playing Uncle Eric's Wii. Laughing as we make ourselves into our Wii characters. Watching Grandpa Valentine Wii bowl.
Goofing around. This is Jack showing off his strength buy doing pushups with Ethan on his back.
Laying around. Yeeaah, I like that one. This is an Ethan Caterpillar.
Dancing to Crazy Frog. Well, dancing and general goofing.
And this visit, we let them join in on a neighbor prank. I was at the dollar store and walked by these pink flamingo door hangers. I thought, who would buy a pink flamingo door
hanger (probably why they were at the dollar store). Then I thought, "I would buy a pink flamingo door hanger!!!" It would be a perfect prank on my neighbors. We bought four! Then one night with the cousins, we sneaked (is it sneaked or snuck?) outside and put flamingos on the doors of three of our neighbors. And one went on the sliding door of a neighbor around back of their house. That should have been a morning eye opener. It was fun to watch Jerry dissppear aroung the house with a flamingo. We were all laughing (as quiet as we could)!

3 comments:

Allison said...

HILARIOUS! I can totally see you all out there pranking your neighbors with the pink flamingos.

val m said...

I just love you Laurie!! You haven't changed a bit! Stil so fun and creative! The flamingos remind of a few pranks we played in the dorms!!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

What great traditions you have continued with your family--I'm with VAL---fondest memories of BYU are the tricks you played on your roomies or other friends.